Sunday, March 14, 2010

How To Change Children's Behavior (Quickly)

How To Change Children's Behavior (Quickly)
Hi, my name is Dr. Griggs. I've been a psychologist in
private practice for over two decades. I love writing ebooks
on subjects that matter, and here's another one. I've spent
years honing what works and what doesn't.
I've read lots and lots of self-help books, and most of
them sort of hit the mark. All of them have some fat.
Mine hits the mark and has no fat. It's clear, concise
and is easy to read. It's academic without the pontification.
This book is about changing children's behavior. It
isn't a parenting book, because in my opinion those books
focus too much on the content of daily living rather than
the process of living daily. I'll explain. Parenting books
focus more on what to say when a child doesn't cooperate.
Parenting books focus more on rules, like appropriate bedtimes.
Parenting books focus on norms, like what is OK and not OK in
any given circumstances. These are content issues; that is,
they focus on what the issue is on the surface, at the moment.
Process analysis focuses on the dynamics underlying the
content. The forces that govern human behavior surface in
specific examples (content), but the underlying processes
that create these experiences are dynamic, internal forces.
They are usually out of awareness. Understand these and any
content behaviors can be dealt with without the content biases.
Biases can be cultural, religious, ethnic, etc. Process analysis
bypasses these limitations, giving caregivers more freedoms to
understand and change behaviors because the causes of the
behavior are addressed, not just the situation, context or other
superficial aspects. Process awareness gives the added advantage
of making interventions last longer, because they generalize to
more situations. Oh, by the way, if you still want to to express
your cultural, ethnic or religious beliefs, you can. My system
doesn't touch them.
Who should read this ebook? Parents, of course, but any adult
that cares for children. Teachers can use these techniques in the
classroom, where they work en masse, not just on one or two kids.
Instructors in classes for kids (swimming, karate, etc.) will
have the same successes. Day care supervisors and after-school
boys and girls club programs staff get good results using this
material.
Why buy this book? Parents and children collide, just about every
day. If this is not your case, you don't need what I have to offer.
But most parents, teachers, etc. struggle with their children
and/or students at some point, often regularly. These are the folks
that should look at my publication. Conflict, especially regular
conflict, is painful. My material changes the dynamics of behavior,
hence reduces the pain. Even if there aren't a lot of problems, my
material will make the existing good behaviors look pretty dull after
you understand my techniques.
One parent told me I should put a disclaimer at the beginning of
the ebook, stating something like, "WARNING, Your child will be too
well behaved. You might have to sit down." Well, that was overstating
it, but it felt good to me.
The reward to you is less stress, more cooperation, less discipline,
more complimenting and smoother communication. In short, I'm trying
to create better living environments between kids and the adults in
their lives. Parents and their children feel better after implementing
my techniques. The rewards are multiple. Relationships improve. "Bad"
experiences diminish. All this happens--fast. What I'm presenting is
a concise set of descriptions of the processes underlying behavior. I
write about what the terms are, how they work, why they are important
and most importantly, how to use them and engage children. When engaged,
children respond. Adults see change, often right away. Understanding
the dynamic relationships between the concepts is what I teach and what
allows the reader to change children's behavior, quickly.
In sum, all of the complaints I hear from parents, teachers and other
adults about children usually default to one big idea: relationships.
When things don't go smoothly, relationships suffer. When relationships
are crummy, things don't go smoothly. Parenting books mostly cover the
"things" over which parents, teachers and other adults collide with their
charges. I bypass most of that (that's what standard parenting books
are for); instead I target the dynamic underpinnings that create and
control such collsions and then adjust the dynamics to change the
experience for both parent and child. The result is that relationships
and "things" change, quickly, for the better.
Again, this ebook has no fat. Think of it as a "Cliffs Notes"
publication. It's "sort of" a quick read (about two or three hours for
the first reading), because I have to explain stuff using terms you
probably haven't heard before. "Behavioral types;" that is, teachers
and adults with some psychology background will recognize about 60% of
the terms. Nobody has published what I present as the glue that makes
these concepts work. I think this is why my ebook does a better job.
The theory I espouse is different from standard "behavior change" books.
It works better. I've put together a hard hitting, direct "How To" manual.
My research has not turned up another ebook that does what mine does.
Here's where to go:

-Dr.Griggs

http://www.psychologyproductsandservices.com/page4.html
http://www.drgriggs

No comments:

Post a Comment